Orvis Hydros Fly Reel
- Monday - Closed
- Tuesday - 10:00AM - 6:00PM
- Wednesday - 10:00AM -6:00PM
- Thursday - 10:00AM - 6:00PM
- Friday - 10:00AM - 6:00PM
- Saturday - 9:00AM - 4:00PM
- Sunday - Closed
Orvis Hydro Fly Fishing Reel
Orvis Hydros fly fishing reels refine a best seller into an even better, higher performing reel. Fully sealed, carbon fiber/stainless drag system and anodized machined aluminum build. The new Orvis Hydros Reel is the result of Orvis' own desire to make something great, that much better. Orvis took a best-selling reel and removed unnecessary material to further reduce the weight while stiffening the narrow spool, which minimizes line stacking. We changed the drag knob to be more ergonomically accessible and comfortable to use. We further refined the seal on the sealed drag to protect the clutch bearing in the drag mechanism. We radiused the reel foot as on the Mirage for kink-free leader protection. The fully sealed drag with stacked carbon and stainless steel disc washers is still one of the strongest in the industry, with zero start-up inertia. Matte type II anodized finish, standard large arbor size which balances better with lighter-weight fly rod, and yet still offers excellent retrieval rates and less line coiling than standard arbor reels. Refinement and improvement are the hallmarks of quality.
- Refined, lighter weight large arbor fly reel
- Improved fully-sealed drag clutch bearing
- Radiused reel foot for kink-free leader protection
- Ergonomically improved, easy to use drag knob
- Zero start-up inertia
- Excellent retrieval rates and less line coiling
- Hydros I for line weights 1-3; 4.7 oz, 3.1” in diameter.
- Hydros II for line weights 3-5; 5.0 oz, 3.4” in diameter.
- Hydros III for line weights 5-7; 5.5 oz, 3.7” in diameter.
- Hydros IV for line weights 7-9; 6.6 oz, 4” in diameter.
- Hydros V for line weights 9-11; 7.7 oz, 4.25” in diameter.