Scientific Anglers Frequency Intermediate Sink Fly Line
- Monday - Closed
- Tuesday - 10:00AM - 6:00PM
- Wednesday - 10:00AM -6:00PM
- Thursday - 10:00AM - 6:00PM
- Friday - 10:00AM - 6:00PM
- Saturday - 9:00AM - 4:00PM
- Sunday - Closed
The perfect fly line for still freshwater fly fishing.
The Scientific Anglers Frequency Intermediate Sink Fly Line is a full sinking line that sinks at only 1.25" inches per second. This is a great choice when you need to get your fly down in the water column in stillwaters like lakes and ponds but not down to deeper depths. This is very effective for fishing over weed tops or in depths under 5 feet.
When fishing sinking fly lines use a 3' to 5' section of tippet for a leader. The shorter length will keep the fly down deeper and the short length turns over easily so you won't need a tapered leader.
|LINE WEIGHT||HEAD LENGTH||TOTAL LENGTH||GRAIN WEIGHT*|
|WF-5-I||34.0’ / 10.4m||85.0’ / 25.9m||140gr / 9.1g|
|WF-6-I||36.0’ / 11.0m||85.0’ / 25.9m||160gr / 10.4g|
|WF-7-F||36.0’ / 11.0m||85.0’ / 25.9m||185gr / 11.9g|
|WF-8-F||38.0’ / 11.6m||85.0’ / 25.9m||210gr / 13.6g|
|*Grain weight for the first 30'|
Shop all Scientific Anglers Frequency fly line for sale online.
Scientific Anglers Frequency Intermediate Fly Line Features
Advanced Shooting Technology
Learn the details of Scientific Anglers fly line technology.
Flies to Use with Frequency Intermediate Sink Fly Line
- Highly effective for fishing streamers
- Thin diameter cuts through wind
- Ideal for use in stillwater situations
- Mid-length head for enhanced line control
- Sink Rate: 1.25 ips (intermediate)
- Braided multifilament core