There’s always a perfect cross of great quality and great price – and no fly fishing waders find that middle ground like the Rio Azul waders from Patagonia. This wader is a great choice if you’re looking for good waders on a budget or if you’re looking for a backup pair. Backed by Patagonia’s Iron Clad warranty, the economical Rio Azul waders won’t let you down.
Here’s why the Rio Azul waders are our favorite budget fly fishing waders:
- Lightweight. The lightweight characteristics make the Rio Azuls easy to travel with, easy to wear, especially in warm weather and very comfortable.
- They’re durable, too. Yes, it’s a great deal, but they’re not cheap on toughness. Rio Azul waders feature single seam construction eliminating highest wear areas on the inside & outside of the legs. Gravel guards have better wear resistance than ever and the booties have a denser neoprene for greater long-term durability. And they are backed by Patagonia’s Iron Clad warranty.
- It’s got all the most important features. An affordable price tag can sometimes mean skipping some useful additions, but the Rio Azul waders come with the important stuff – a waterproof pocket for phones & car keys, a new daisy chain for quick access to tools & nippers on the water, and an interior hanger loop for easy drying at the end of the day.
An excellent value for under $300.
After stocking up on flies, packs, bags, line & leader and all sorts of other fly fishing gear in preparation for the season, things can get pretty expensive. Choosing the inexpensive Rio Azul waders could save you a couple hundred bucks over other premium waders and free up that cash for more gear—or to fill your gas tank on the trips back and forth to and from the river.
Rest assured these waders aren’t cheap—they’re a great value but they’ve got a ton of features we really like for the price:
- Durable water repellent finish with fully taped seams
- Full elastic, adjustable belt – can be worn as waders or pants
- Polyester solid twill microfiber shell with a waterproof & breathable barrier
- Backed by Patagonia’s Ironclad Guarantee. Click here to learn more.
Looking for the absolute best?
If you're really after the best fly fishing waders you can buy take a look at the Simms G3 Guide waders. The Rio Azuls are the best value you'll find but if you're willing to spend a little more you'll also want to look at the G3 Guide waders. They're an incredible combination of durability, comfort, fit and breathability.