Abel Trout Series Fly Reels
- Monday - Closed
- Tuesday - 10:00AM - 6:00PM
- Wednesday - 10:00AM -6:00PM
- Thursday - 10:00AM - 6:00PM
- Friday - 10:00AM - 6:00PM
- Saturday - 9:00AM - 4:00PM
- Sunday - Closed
Abel Trout Reel - TR Light, TR1, & TR2
Abel fly reels have always been listed among the best fly fishing reels on the market. The super-smooth click drag systems won't let you down whether you are fishing big trout on light leaders in the Missouri River or fly fishing for trout on a quiet Midwestern trout stream.
Abel TR Light
Tiny trout in high mountain streams are some of the most basic and fun fish to catch, especially on a 1- or 2-weight rod with a Abel TR Light holding the line. A perfect lightweight addition to the smallest fly fishing rods, its smooth click-pawl drag sounds wonderful deep in the woods.
Small spring creeks offer tremendous fishing with shorter 3- and 4-weights, and the Abel TR1 finds a perfect home on the reel seat of one of these rods. Small, but with just enough capacity to hold the right amount of backing behind your fly line.
Most medium-to-large trout rivers demand a 5- or 6-weight rod to make those distance casts to larger fish really count. The Abel TR2 is built for the fly fishers who prefers the bigger water, but likes simple and classic gear.
Abel Trout Reel Features:
- The Abel Trout Reel was originally designed in 1992, reintroduced in 2008.
- Internally adjustable pawl click drag made from 303 heat treated stainless steel is locked in place by two small hex cam nuts and a spring retainer.
- To adjust the incoming or outgoing tension, simply rotate the fully enclosed hex nuts with your fingertip.
- Standard arbor design.
- Classic round ventilation holes.
- All reels available with a solid frame.
- Made in the USA.
Customize Your Abel Trout Reel
Make your Abel Reel stand-out! Check out the custom solid color and fish graphic finishes that are available for these Abel Reels. Simply add this reel to your cart, then do the same with the finish of your choice and we'll take care of the rest! Click here for Solid Colors and here for Fish Graphics.